I’ll admit it, I have secret crazy dance parties in my bedroom (no, that’s not slang for something else. Sorry to disappoint). There are some nights when I just don’t feel like sweating to tae bo or breaking my behind on a bicycle. Enter: the crazy, solo dance party.
If you’ve never held your own solo dance party, here are some instructions on party planning:
1) Put on some clothes that you love, but would never be caught dead wearing in public.
2) Put on some music that you love, but would never be caught dead listening to in public.
3) Put on some dance moves that you love, but would never be caught dead doing in public.
4) Repeat step 3 until thoroughly exhausted and ready to re-join the general populous.
Vigorous, uninhibited dance is actually great activity. It’s not going to get you six-pack abs or on the cover of SELF magazine, but it’ll definitely burn some calories. Plus, it’s pretty freeing for those of us who feel a little too straight-laced during the work week.
So here’s my top ten “Crazy Solo Dance Party Mix Songs” – available on six eight-tracks (or make your own mixtape!) for only $19.95 + shipping and handling. Or not, I kid.
1. Eye of the Tiger – Survivor
2. School’s Out for Summer – Alice Cooper
3. SOS – Jonas Brothers
4. Crazy Bitch – Buckcherry
5. Come On Eileen – Dexy’s Midnight Runners
6. Days Go By – Dirty Vegas
7. Check Up On It – Beyonce feat. Slim Thug
8. Fortunate Son – Creedance Clearwater Revival
9. Rock and Roll All Night – KISS
10. Thriller – Michael Jackson
So I dare you all: whip out your most embarrassing dancing pants and some sprinkler/shopping cart/macarena/disco/krumping moves in the privacy of your own room or apartment, and let the good times begin. And if you can do the Thriller dance, I take my figurative hat off to you – and ask for video proof.